If you have had a traumatic experience you can get a referral from your family doctor, and you can get a medical insurance subsidy from the Danish National Health Service.
The following reasons for referral are valid:
- Victims of robbery, violence or rape
- Victims of traffic accidents or other types of accidents
- Relatives of someone with severe mental illness
- Individuals suffering from severe debilitating disease
- Relatives of someone suffering from debilitating disease
- Relatives in case of bereavement
- Individuals who have attempted suicide
- Women who have been through a termination of pregnancy after the end of the first trimester
- Individuals who have experienced incest or other kinds of sexual abuse before the age of 18
- Individuals suffering from mild to moderate depression
- Individuals suffering from mild to moderate anxiety/OCD (18-28 years of age).
No matter what the obstacles may be, it is always possible to find new ways